Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stroller Hunting

I have been searching for a stroller for our baby boy for the past few weeks. Actually we already brought one from Jakarta, a secondhand stroller from my sister. She used the stroller for her two baby boys but she wanted to buy the double stroller so the kids can both sit in the stroller. That's why she gave me her old stroller.

Unfortunately, since the road condition in Copenhagen is mostly bricky, we need a stroller with bigger wheels in order to reduce the bumpy ride, which is quite important, especially for newborn. As you know, having a stroller is very essential when you live in Copenhagen, since you go everywhere walking or taking a bus or train. While in Jakarta, strollers are might only needed when going to the mall or hospital, where the floor is flat.

After searching for the most convenient one, we decided to buy the one manufactured by ABC Design. We chose the Cobra type, a three wheeler wagon, where it already comes with a pram (which can be used from newborn until several months) and a seat unit (to be used when the baby is already being able to sit). This is the pictures of our stroller choice, which are taken from the ABC Design website: http://www.abc-design.de.

The pram

The seat unit

We chose that stroller with many considerations:

  1. The stroller should have big wheel, as I said above, to minimize the bump for the baby.
  2. The front wheel must be able to swivel and also can be locked when needed to ease the maneuverability.
  3. The weight should be not more than 12 kg in total, so I could lift it up by myself when needed.
  4. Including a pram and a seat unit so we can use the pram for the first several months and then change it into seat unit when the baby is older.
  5. Has a spacious shopping bag and easily folded.
Last but not least, the design and also the black and white color looks very stylish. LOL. In fact, it also comes with a fair price, even though it is still expensive compared to strollers from Indonesia. We have seen and tested the stroller today at one baby shop in Frederiksberg, however they only have one stock left which is a displayed item and the color available is not what we wanted. So we are planning to buy it from online shop in Germany.

Tell me what you think about our stroller choice and perhaps if you experience to have one, you could provide me with a useful review. I, myself, will review this once I buy and test it when carrying my baby :)

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post ! This was incredibly helpful. Thank you! I am shopping for a stroller for my 6-year-old and can't get insurance to cover it. Really helps to see these two side by side and hear your thoughts on them. Wish there was a perfect option.
    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing...
    see here

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..